[mythtv-users] Separate video modes not persistent during reboot

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Tue Dec 29 22:39:46 UTC 2009

Hi *

Last days I really enjoy myth video separate modes - especialy for
watching BluRay with 24p TV refresh.

With added subtitles support, 0.22 is starting to be really nice BluRay
player !
(btw, can You believe Atom 330 OC @ 2.1GHz is able play 1080p Bluray
with 3 LiveTV PIPs without skipping !)

I have question however regarding video separate modes persistence
across system reboot.

In my case (0.22-fixes 23003) system reboot and following start of
mythfrontend causes clearing "Setup/Appearance/Video Mode
Settings/Separate video modes for GUI and TV playback" to disabled state.

Interesting is that only restarting mythfrontend or/and X keeps this
setting enabled. But if system is restarted, launching mythfrontend
clears it (as after such sequence I have "DB/settings/UseVideoMode" set
to 0).

If restart system, launch mythfrontend and next change
DB/settings/UseVideoMode to 1 - in "Setup/Appearance/Video Mode
Settings/Separate video modes for GUI and TV playback" I have available
my custom settings - so it seems that myth intentionally turning-off
this feature during startup.

My questions are:
-is it intentional behaviour or rather it is issue of my system (my own,
minimyth derivative distro)
-if it is intentional behavior  - is there any way to turn-of it ?

At this moment I can consider workarround: script launched before
mythfrontend launch, which checks "DB/settings/UseVideoMode", and set it
to 1 after frontend start - if it was 1 before frontend start...

Before writing such script I want to be sure isn't there simpler way to
resolve above issue...

br