[mythtv-users] time zone with distant frontend

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Tue Dec 29 23:17:23 UTC 2009

On 29 Dec 2009, at 22:52, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> When I get the first report of a user actually doing this--and doing so without violating a service agreement from his/her cable/satellite company-

Hi there :-)

I have a remote MythTV slave at a client's site in Germany, they are a satellite uplinks company and we find that MythTV is useful to monitor and record some of the channels they uplink. I am based in the UK so timezones are different and there is no service agreement being violated, in fact I have an agreement specifically to do this.

> -I'll explain to that user how to configure the system so MythTV works (i.e. what I mentioned in http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/415093#415093 ).

Actually, don't bother, the remote site runs all systems on GMT to avoid just these sort of problems, I run my systems there on UK time for the same reason. Just wanted to chime in and point out that MythTV does get used like this legitimately if for a business purpose rather than for domestic TV. Also I'm not running the Myth slave just at the moment, I needed DVBS2 working in a rush and can't upgrade those machines to Ubuntu 9.10 or QT4 just yet so I have VDR running until 10.04 settles out.

I do run MythTV at home too.

Andre