[mythtv-users] 0.22 annoyances

Ben Woodhouse ben32768 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 30 02:50:23 UTC 2009

Thanks for the informative reply.

It's reassuring that the focus issues can be fixed with a theme change. I tried most of the default themes, and they all exchibited the same behaviour, so I'd assumed it was a limitation in the UI code itself. Is the browser window focus issue likely to be related to this? If so, would this also be fixable with a theme change, or can those particular attributes only be applied to a buttonlist?

WRT to the memory usage, mythcentre-wide is lighter-weight than the other themes, but it's still currently using about 500MB on my box and does seem to progressively use more memory over time. A couple of days ago I installed the latest stable version from SVN, so I'll keep an eye on it and see if it's any better.

I don't think the seek table is corrupted, at least CHECK TABLE reports it as OK. But perhaps it is an issue with the database upgrade from 0.21. I recall that table did crash at one point and I had to repair it. I'll check the logs and see if I can find anything untoward.

I should make it clear that I'm seriously impressed by what's been done with MythTV up until now. FWIW, I am a programmer, and I have been known to contribute open source projects, but I simply don't have the time to get involved with MythTV right now. I do however appreciate what the developers are doing. So unfortunately my (hopefully vaguely contstructive) complaining is the extent of my contribution right now.

Ben