[mythtv-users] Performance problems with HDTV (choppy)

Johannes Schneider mailings at cedarsoft.com
Wed Dec 30 12:01:14 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have a performance problem with my box (contains both backend and
frontend):

mythtv-frontend: 0.22.0+fixes22957-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu3
GeForce 8500 GT
3x DVB-C (Philips Semiconductors SAA7146)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300  @ 1.86GHz

PAL channels work like a charm. Everything looks good. Some HD channels
can be viewed well (Germany; Kabel BW: ANIXE HD, HD1, Servus TV).
But some other channels (Das Erste HD, Das Zweite HD) are choppy. I
don't know what the difference between those channels might be (codec?).
How can I find out?

I tried many different settings: vdpau with and without deinterlazer.
All those software renderers etc.

So could anyone give me any hints how I could try to improve the
performance?

Thanks,

Johannes