[mythtv-users] analog video capture cards

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Dec 30 13:45:22 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 30 December 2009 12:20:17 am Sasha Sirotkin wrote:
> What analog video capture cards work with Mythtv ? By analog I mean
> s-video/RCA, not analog broadcasting.
>

> The relevant section on the web site is not up to date - most of the
> cards listed there are not sold anymore.

Sounds like you're in the USA. With the demise of analog NTSC broadcasting
analog cards are getting hard to find.

E-Bay might be a source.

The "gold standard" of analog cards for Myth is/was probably the Hauppauge
PVR-x50 series, but other cards/devices can be made to work.

HD-3000/5500 cards will work, but require software encoding. The Plextor PX-
TV402U devices also work, but all of these are getting hard to find, as you
have discovered.