[mythtv-users] FC12 x86_64 OK for MythTV?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Dec 30 18:02:50 UTC 2009

On Dec 30, 2009, at 10:46 AM, Jeff wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 8:41 AM, steve <networks1 at cox.net> wrote:
> Apparently my processor (Core 2 Duo E8400) can be used with either the i386 or x86_64 version of FC12.
>
> I was going to go with the x86_64 version, but I thought I’d better check with you all first that this is not bad from a MythTV point of view.  I can’t imagine why it would matter, but I’ve learned that you never know with these things :-)
>
> Is it OK or should I use the i386 version?
>   You'll be fine with x86_64 -- I've been using the 64-bit versions of Fedora since FC8.  (One Backend, 3 frontends)

Yeah, and I've been running x86_64 Fedora on my MythTV boxes since circa Fedora Core 4, or whenever it was Fedora started building native for x86_64. x86_64 is a non-issue, has been for years now. My current Linux-based MythTV systems are all x86_64 Fedora 12 (I also run MythTV on some Mac OS X systems, which is a story for another thread).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com