[mythtv-users] 0.22 annoyances

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Dec 30 18:06:52 UTC 2009

On 12/30/2009 08:15 AM, Ben Woodhouse wrote:
> Thanks for the info. in that case I don't think  that the issue is with the seek table, as the problem is the same with all recordings. It seems to be seeking OK, it's just taking a long time when the skip fwd button is held down, probably because it's playing after every skip instead of just showing the still frame.
>
> I'm guessing it's a bug, although I've searched the tickets and can't find it. Perhaps it's more common to use ffwd/rewind than holding down skip fwd/back.

You probably shouldn't be using the skip forward button held down.
(Sure, it would be nice if it worked--patches appreciated--but I doubt
/anyone/ has ever really tested it that way).  Instead, if you want to
keep moving quickly through the show, use sticky fast forward (>) or
sticky rewind (<).

And, remember there's both a "seek" button (default 30s forward (Right)
and (the useless) 5s backwards (Left) (which you probably need to change
to at least 7, probably more like 10 or 15s)) and a jump button (default
10min forward (PgDown) or back (PgUp)), where the amount of show each
skips can both be adjusted in the Playback Group settings.

And, there's
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/414608#414608 to make
things significantly easier.

Mike