[mythtv-users] DVD ISOs

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Dec 30 21:03:05 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 02:33:04PM -0500, Jeff wrote:

> > The "problem" here is a bit overblown.
> >
> > Out of 400 or 1000 disks you might see 10 that require "special" software.
>

> I disagree...  of the 10 or so DVDs I've purchased in the last couple of
> months, only 2 have 'not' required a song-and-dance to get imported into my

...perhaps you're just using the wrong Linux tool.

> Myth system.  And a couple of them I just plain gave up on since I didn't
> feel the 'special' software was worth the price.  (It might be if I was
> ripping a blueray collection, but I haven't gone that route yet.)

The "special" software may seem expensive but it comes with free updates
and they push out updates very frequently. This whole DVD and BluRay thing
is very much a Spy vs. Spy thing and the guys in Antigua on always on top
of it.

Their forums are also good for debugging. Quite often, it's not copy
protection that's the culprit. Some disks are defective for real. '-)