[mythtv-users] 0.22 annoyances

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Dec 31 03:02:45 UTC 2009

> As others have noted (here for example : http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2009-November/270659.html),
>the right button on the recordings menu no longer works. The menu is now inaccessable on my remote. I could
>reconfigure it, but I don't want to use a less accessible button to access one of the most commonly used menus,
>just because I might be using a theme which supports horizontal scrolling (I'm not and I don't intend to).

Despite other's saying it's not necessary, I fully agree with you that
it was the most convenient way for me to access it, and I really don't
want to reconfigure my remote to work around it.

However, you may be in luck. If you don't mind compiling your myth
from source code, I'm about to make a patch available that allow you
to replicate this sort of functionality in the theme. Based on some of
the posts I've seen, I fully expect the patch will not be accepted
into the main tree. Personally, that's no big deal as I've typically
got about a dozen custom patches applied to my myth builds.

If you are interested, I'll post more details once I have it available.

--
Ron
Ronald Frazier Photography - http://www.ronfphoto.com/