[mythtv-users] Mac Mini and Broadcom Crystal HD PCI Express mini-card

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 04:50:45 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 11:45 PM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com>wrote:

> Jarod,
>
> Is this something you see that could happen for .23?  Or we we much further
> out than that?
>
> Just want to get an idea.  Also how does this compare to VDPAU?  Better?
> Worse?  Same?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Mitchell

There have been comparisons talked about on the xbmc forum. my layman's
understanding is the Crystalhd uses more cpu as it has to copy the decoded
frames to the video card memory... with VDPAU it all happens there, so no
cpu overhead.

I got 2 cards about a month ago via ebay, the came from hong kong, and took
about 2.5 weeks to get to me on the east coast of the US.  cost was under
$45 dollars shipped though for both.