[mythtv-users] 0.22 annoyances

Ben Woodhouse ben32768 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 31 12:20:17 UTC 2009

On 31 Dec 2009, at 10:14, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:
>As pointed out in this thread, using
>RIGHT to bring up the second menu
>only makes sense to those who
>have learned it.

Perhaps, but no more so than any other button. Does it make any more sense that in the majority of themes, pressing RIGHT on a recording moves moves the selection left?

I'm not just being a luddite for the sake of it. The main issue for me is it requires an extra button, and there simply isn't covenient one available on my remote. From what I can gather, I'm not alone in this.

I agree that having a single menu would fix the problem (provided navigating the larger menu doesn't require too many extra button presses) But failing that, making the right button available to themes which don't need it doesn't seem like such a bad thing, (IMHO).

Ben