[mythtv-users] VDPAU + live TV ...image shifts down-right by 1 pixel each channel change

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Dec 31 14:27:05 UTC 2009

When watching Live TV on VDPAU cards using a VDPAU profile, the image
shifts down/right by 1 pixel per channel change. On some TVs you don't
notice this until you've changed channels 30 or more times (due to
overscan). On my aquos you see it right away. There is a single pixel
line at the top and left of the screen. Everytime you change the
channel, the image shifts downright and the line at the top and left
gets 1 pixel larger. The problem does not occur if I switch to a
non-VDPAU profile.

Anyone else seen this or have any idea of the cause? I'm running 0.22
fixes with the 190.53 drivers on a G210 card.

--
Ron
Ronald Frazier Photography - http://www.ronfphoto.com/