[mythtv-users] Mac Mini and Broadcom Crystal HD PCI Express mini-card

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Dec 31 15:17:55 UTC 2009

On Dec 31, 2009, at 1:40 AM, Brian Phillips wrote:

> Brian Wood wrote:
>> Thanks, I ordered one.
>>
>> Granted they are a tad pricey, Logic Supply tends to be that way, but
>> their strength is that they have things difficult or impossible to
>> find elsewhere.
>>
>> IMHO $70 beats chasing one around the world and fooling with
>> international shipping etc.
>>
>> I may never use it, as I'm building an ION frontend, but it's good to
>> have one anyway, an interesting toy.
>
> Doesn't look like logicsupply has the bcm970015 card.  Ebay doesn't return
> anything either...

I believe the bcm970015 isn't shipping yet, only announced.

> I could get a BCM970012, but it looks like the 15 will support DivX/XviD and
> Flash 10.1 acceleration.  Am I correct in assuming the 12 doesn't support
> those things then?

Nope.

> I saw a forum post about the 12 supporting Flash
> acceleration in a beta driver, but that was just a blip on the radar screen.

There are comments in the driver source related to enabling flash acceleration on the 12. It still hinges on Adobe actually doing it though.

> Maybe I'll wait for the BCM970015?

I'm not certain, but from what I've read on the 'tubes, I think the 15 is only a companion integrated chip for motherboard chipsets, not available as an add-on card. I could be wrong though.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com