[mythtv-users] Ideas for MythMusic rewrite

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 16:13:30 UTC 2009

2009/12/30 Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com>:
> We'll probably regret this but we would like your opinions :-)  We are
> in the process of  switching MythMusic to MythUI and would like to take
> the opportunity to make some much needed improvements to the interface.
>
> We don't necessarily  just want a list of feature requests, although
> every idea will be considered, but also how they should be implemented,
> what the interface should look like etc. If you can provide mock ups of
> how it should look or links to images of how other players do things
> then all the better.
>
> You should bear in mind the limitations of keeping the interface usable
> on a TV using a remote control and where possible using the existing
> widgets available in MythUI.
>
> Our goal is not to implement every idea from the start but to make sure
> the final plan is flexible enough to at least be extended with the best
> ideas in the future.
>
> Paul H.

Happy New Year everyone!

I am not sure where the source data would come from, but a feature of
my iphone/ipod that I really like is the genius playlist wear you can
create a playlist based on the currently playing song. I will pick a
song based on my mood and then have it auto generate a playlist based
on my selection.

Easily switching from artist, album, genre, year, etc when browsing
would be great as well...

My 0.02c

Cheers and thanks for such a wonderful pirce of programming that is mythtv

Phil