[mythtv-users] 0.22 annoyances

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Dec 31 17:08:08 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 02:14:30AM -0800, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> As pointed out in this thread, using RIGHT to bring up the second menu
> only makes sense to those who have learned it.
>
> The real solution is not to bring back RIGHT, but either a) David
> Engel's suggestion of SELECT, or b) Justin Hornsby's patch for, and

I have no problem with RIGHT bringing up a menu when it makes sense
for the theme.  In fact, I go so far as to say it *should* do that for
some themes.

FYI, I am the guy who originally made LEFT work like ESCAPE and RIGHT
work like SELECT on vertically oriented menus and later on some
screens.  I came from a TiVo background so that way of navigating
menus and screens made sense to me then, and it still makes sense to
me now for vertically oriented themes.

Sidenote: that TiVo I started with is now 9.5 years old and still
going strong in daily use by my Mom.

David
--
David Engel