[mythtv-users] Odd multiple-tuner LiveTV Behavior

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 18:56:12 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I currently have a master backend connected directly to a HDHR
> (multiplexed) and a Firewire cable box, for a total of 5 tuners.  I
> have noticed the following behavior from a remote frontend:
>
> I'm watching Live TV, using Tuner #1 (HDHR tuner 1).  A show begins to
> record on Tuner #3 (HDHR tuner #2).  It kicks me out of LiveTV.  When
> I try to get back into LiveTV, I'm told that all of my tuners are
> being used, and lets me either exit or watch the one show that's
> recording.
>
> Shouldn't it automatically default me to either my other HDHR tuner,
> or the cable box?  It's already recognizing that it should use the
> unused HDHR tuner to record the scheduled show, so I don't know why it
> kicks me out of LiveTV in the first place.

Forgot to mention - this is on .22

Backend:

Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 22860
MythTV Branch    :
Network Protocol : 50
Library API      : 0.22.20091023-1
QT Version       : 4.5.3
Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_jack using_backend using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_hdhomerun
using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3
using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtwebkit
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg

Frontend:

MythTV Version   : 22860
MythTV Branch    :
Network Protocol : 50
Library API      : 0.22.20091023-1
QT Version       : 4.5.3
Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_frontend
using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtwebkit using_v4l
using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads
using_live using_mheg