[mythtv-users] Why no active EIT scan?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 21:33:06 UTC 2009

2009/12/31 Christian <CvB at kruemel.org>:

> It seems that my problem on this machine might be related to this
> ticket:
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7701
>
> Anything I could do to help fix this (I'm not really a programmer)?

Realistically, your options are either:

i) manually update the values using a reference like kingofsat.net; or
ii) carry out a full tuned scan which should populate the data automatically

To determine if you do have dtv_multiplex entries with missing tid/nid
values, you can check this in mythtv-setup or by examining the SQL
data manually. Something like:

mysql> SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `dtv_multiplex` WHERE (`transportid` IS
NULL OR `networkid` IS NULL);

will give you the number of muxes that are missing either a tid or nid.

On this machine (you mentioned you have more than one DVB-S box with
problematic EIT), did you initially import your channels from a
channels.conf file or from a full scan within MythTV?

Happy New Year,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott