[mythtv-users] 0.22 annoyances

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Dec 31 22:42:01 UTC 2009

> Once again: The solution isn't to return to the pre-0.22 status quo of
> using RIGHT as a second-menu button only on that particular
> MythFrontend page and no other. If nothing else, it would simply redo
> a longstanding UI-design mistake. The solution is to either use
> another button (like SELECT, as David Engel has suggested), or have
> the MENU button enable reaching both menus. The latter solution is
> available today via a patch and one of the solutions will be
> incorporated into the source code at some point. Any other solution,
> such as Ron Frazier's work, is also going to require a patch too, so
> why not go with the one that doesn't require changing every 0.22
> MythTV theme?

Please, stop with calling it THE solution. It is A solution, and
apparently YOUR solution (and some other people's too). It solves the
problem in a way that works, but obviously not all people think it is
the right solution for them. I already explained why I prefer it the
way it was. You can go with the context sensitive MENU command all you
want...that is perfectly fine. It will solve the problem for a number
of people (some? many? most? nearly all??? I really don't know), but
not for everyone. I'll tell you right now that if such a patch gets
built in, I will continue to keep my own patch on my system until the
day that something else changes on the Watch Recording screen such
that my patch interferes with how I want to use that screen.

--
Ron