[mythtv-users] Dual or Single core Athlon64 for MythTV front-end machine

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 05:25:45 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/2/1 Big Wave Dave <bigwavedave at gmail.com>:
> Any idea if this is a fundamental hardware issue with the 8400gs, or a
> current driver limitation?

Provided it works with all my other nvidia cards, I just think it's
because the 8400gs lacks the horsepower to do it properly...

Someone on the nvidia forum however, mentioned that he had no problem
doing the Advanced and Temporal deinterlacing with xine-vdpau.

So it may be a mythtv issue ; though I doubt it..

As I am more interested in the deinterlacing than the hardware
decoding, it makes the 8400gs a disappointment... But it was so cheap,
hardly a loss.

Jean-Yves