[mythtv-users] Dual or Single core Athlon64 for MythTV front-end machine

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 23:20:29 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/2/2 Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>:
> I use a 6200 with a DVI output to drive my HDMI projector without a problem.
>
> I much prefer a DVI output without HDCP over a HDMI output.  If my
> projector isn't powered up when my HDMI DVD player is turned on, it
> refuses to work.  Such a pain. Now if the TV refuses to work with a
> computer that would be another story.  I hate copy protection.

That is irrelevant to HDCP, just a crappy DVD player :) Never had this
issue with my panasonic hdmi bluray player

this could happen as well on the PC and the video card doesn't detect
anything and will not initialise the screen.
When I had a PT-AE900, on or off the video card would always detect
it, with my newer PT-AE2000 if the projector is off, the nvidia card
doesn't see it...

There is an easy way to bypass that.
using nvidia-settings, extract the EDID of the screen and in xorg.conf
add a line in the device section:
Option      "CustomEDID" "DFP-0:/etc/X11/viewsonic-edid.bin;
DFP-1:/etc/X11/panasonic-edid.bin"
 (Here I have two screens)

So the nvidia card will be initialise as if the screen was always there.