[mythtv-users] Backend shuts down on idle during user job.

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Feb 2 00:14:50 UTC 2009

* On Sun Feb 01, 2009 at 10:28:54PM +0000, David Watkins wrote:
> I'm using the dvbradioexport.pl script from contrib. I've set it as a
> user job and it works great.
>
> However I noticed that the end of my shows were sometimes missing.
> I'd assumed it was a scheduling issue but it turns out that my backend
> is shutting down while the script is still running.  The User Job
> takes 3 to 4 minutes to run and I have a 180s idle timeout set on my
> backend.

I have a patch my my tree at home to update the JobQueue so that it
updates the inuseprograms table so that this won't happen.  Currently
it is up to the job being run to update this table and keep it updated,
but I'm also going to have the JobQueue update the table as well which
will help in the case of User Jobs.  This will get added to trunk,
but not -fixes, but I wanted to let you know a built-in solution is
in the works.

--
Chris