[mythtv-users] plasma panels, hdmi and mythtv

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 07:23:57 UTC 2009

> Possibly not. In theory there is very little difference between VGA, DVI,
> and HDMI. I can't detect any difference on my desktop LCD monitor, for
> example. But in practice one or the other may well be obviously superior. My
> own (cheap, old, SD) plasma looks a lot better on DVI than VGA. It wouldn't
> be at all surprised to find VGA looks better for your screen.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve

Hi Steve,

I think I am stuck with HDMI,

I spent four hours last night trying to redirect the audio from the HDMI
output to the SPDIF port on the motherboard. No matter what I did, I could
not get the port to light. Alsa reported the port as available and it was
not muted, but the light would not come on...

Sigh....

Phil