[mythtv-users] Scheduler failing...

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Feb 2 23:49:57 UTC 2009

On 02/02/2009 05:59 PM, William Uther wrote:
> Hi,
>  I'm having a very strange mythtv problem.  I've found a similar
> sounding problem in the mailing list archives, but the solution is not
> the same:

> The problem is that the scheduler does not seem to be running.  I have
> guide data.  I have shows asking to be recorded.  But there is nothing
> actually scheduled to be recorded.  This seems to be able to be fixed,
> until I next reboot, by forcing mythbackend to reschedule.

Are you sure you have the IP addresses/hostnames properly configured
everywhere?  IIRC, this often happens because the backend doesn't know
it's supposed to be the master backend (i.e. because you used a
127.0.0.1 somewhere in the configuration*** or something).

Mike

***You can /only/ use 127.0.0.1 in the configuration when you have only
a single MythTV system that serves as the frontend and backend (i.e. a
single combined frontend/backend system).  Even then, though, you
/should/ use real IP addresses.