[mythtv-users] Good video card with HDMI out?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 22:31:31 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 1:34 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Scott Baker <scott.baker at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What's the easiest/cheapest video card that has HDMI out? I'd really
>> like to put my new 1080p TV to good use.
>>

> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127380

I have to say I haven't been able to decide whether to get an 8400GS
or a 9400/9500GT.

I've read the threads that the 8400GS can't handle the more advanced
deinterlacing under VDPAU but when I look at the 9400GT it has a lower
core clock speed, a lower memory clock speed and an older GPU (G96
instead of the G98 like the newer 8400GS has).

Is the 9400GT better (faster, more powerful, etc.) than the 8400GS or not?

Richard