[mythtv-users] Analog firewire recordings end early due to 25% fewer frames

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Feb 4 06:43:21 UTC 2009

Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Correct. As my subject line indicates, I'm talking about FireWire as
> the delivery path from the cable box to the backend in all cases,
> whether involving analog channels (that is, channels delivered via
> analog signals from the cable company to the cable box) or digital
> (channels delivered via digital signals from company to box.)

If they're really being delivered to the cable box as analog signals,
they can't be chopping out frames.  Otherwise an analog TV would fail to
sync to them.  NTSC equipment is only designed to run at one frame rate.

Maybe there's a firmware problem with your cable box?  Or maybe they're
providing a digital version of these channels for the cable box to decode?