[mythtv-users] Before I tear my hair out can a slave BE...

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Feb 5 14:29:16 UTC 2009

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> He is.  It will be in MythTV 0.22 at the soonest.
>
> If you have more than 1 remote backend, you can stagger runs of the script
> where the first wakes up the first remote backend, then a few minutes later,
> the second script checks if more capture cards are required and then wakes
> the second remote backend, etc.

This procedure assumes, to my understanding, that the tuners on the slave(s) are
all of the same type as those on the master. What happens when the tuner types
are different? E.g. firewire vs OTA vs satellite?

Chris, will your proposed change be able to wake up the correct slave if that
proves necessary?

--

Mike Perkins