[mythtv-users] oom-killer on the loose.

Richard Thomas rich at dicksonlife.com
Thu Feb 5 15:40:31 UTC 2009

Richard Thomas wrote:

> It would be nice if that would fix it. OTOH, it would also be nice to
> know what the issue actually was. Is it definitely an EIT thing? I'm
> definitely going SD anyway, I just need to schedule a couple of hours so
> that if things go wrong, there's time to fix it :)

Just to follow up on this, I joined Schedules Direct and have not had an
issue since. Also, for about a week before I joined, I was not running
LCDd and also did not have any issues. That may have been coincidence or
it may be that something in the EIT guide data occasionally interacts
badly with LCDd. I'm not going to look into this anymore myself but it
may help out someone else. If anyone knows a bug number or whatever for
this issue, I'd be happy to make a report there.

Rich