[mythtv-users] Up-To-Date (UK) FreeSAT channel numbers?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Feb 5 16:00:47 UTC 2009

Nick Morrott wrote:

> A further update to this thread - I'm sure most/all potentially
> affected users on this list are already prepared, but it looks like
> the delay _is_ going ahead, with stations having up until June 12th to
> make the switch:
>
> http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSTRE5136YP20090204

Typical of Congress, they were playing procedural games on the first
go-around. Then, I suspect because the first try failed to meet the 66%
standard, they did a 'normal' try, and it passed:

 From a link to WBIR Knoxville TN.

quote
Congress has now decided to give people four more months to prepare for
the upcoming transition from analog to digital TV broadcasting.

The House voted Wednesday to postpone the end of analog TV signals until
June 12. The move is meant to address concerns that more than 6.5
million Americans with older TVs would not be ready by Feb. 17, the
originally mandated deadline.

The House took up the question last week but under a special procedure
that required more than a simple majority. This time it went through a
normal vote.

The Senate passed the measure unanimously last week and the bill now
heads to President Barack Obama for his signature. Obama's spokesman has
said the president will sign it.