[mythtv-users] Does multirec actually work ?

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Thu Feb 5 17:05:56 UTC 2009

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/2/6 James Stembridge <jstembridge at gmail.com>:
>> Without switching tuners how could you view a channel on a different
>> multiplex? Live tv unfortunately won't switch tuners to give you the
>> channel you want.
>
> Forgot about that, I'm using this patch http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4501
> which allows you to browse across all tuners...
>
> I guess it doesn't handle virtual encoders like multirec :(
>
> running 0.21-fixes BTW ...

Just go into the menu, "select input", or "select tuner" (I forget the
exact wording) and pick another tuner.  It's not perfect and requires
you to know which tuner you are currently (recording) on to switch away
from and I guess which tuner has the channel you want if different
tuners have different channels for you.  But it works.

Robert.