[mythtv-users] Moderately OT...How do you organize your music?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 17:13:13 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 9:58 AM, James Oltman <cnlibmyth at gmail.com> wrote:

>> This is my tree for a regular album:
>> "Artist or Band Name" / "Year - Album" / ("Optional CD Nr"/)  "Track Nr.
>> Artist Name - Song Title.extension"
>>
>> Loose songs:
>> "Singles" / "Year" / "Year.Week Nr"/ "Artist Name - Song Title.extension"
> Anyone else?
>
> Jim

I'm a little simpler.

For music I know all the information about:
Artist / Album / Title by Artist.extension

For music I just know artist and title I have a flat directory of:

Title by Artist.extension

The problem with my method is sorting.  If early on I had decided to
be more traditional and use:

Artist - Title.extension

As I imagine most people do... Sorting by artist in a directory
listing would be a no brainer.

If you are going to take the time, I'd suggest a minimum of Artist -
Title.extension but probably more ideally would be a minimum of Artist
/ Artist - Title.extension

Good luck!

-Chad