[mythtv-users] Analog firewire recordings end early due to 25% fewer frames

Sam Logen starz909 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 19:32:11 UTC 2009

> I wonder if you would have the same issue with the newer
> Motorola STBs.
> Have you considered swapping out the DCT-6200 for the
> DCH-3200?  I just
> replaced mine because I wanted HDMI out for my TV
> connection.

I used to have the DCH model before switching back to the DCT.  It was identical in every way (minus hdmi), except I had to modify the 6200ch channel changer program to work with that model.  When a guy from Comcast came over to check my signal issues, I had him replace the box back to a DCT.  He told me it was a much stabler unit, while the DCH series tended to break down after a good deal of use.  I don't know how true that is, but I've not seen any negative impacts of switching back.