[mythtv-users] Zenith DTT901

Adam Siegel agsiegel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 02:41:31 UTC 2009

I have a few Zenith DTT901's.  It is the HD to SD converter that can be
purchased with the government $40 coupon.  The unit really works well.  The
tuner is much more sensitive than the AVerMedia AVerTVHD MCE A180 cards I
have in my myth setup.  And the picture quality is outstanding for SD only
ouput.

Are there any electrical engineering types that could break down the unit
and see if we could hook up an HDMI or component output and eventually
integrate directly with myth somehow?  I'd be happy to send out a
motherboard for examination.  I saw on another site that someone thought
there was a "mysterious" 4 pin ribbon cable attachment that may support YUV.