[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase segfault

Mary Strimel mary.strimel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 19:00:05 UTC 2009

hello,
After upgrading from Gutsy to Hardy, I am having the problem with
mythfilldatabase segfaulting that others have reported.  In an earlier
thread someone wrote:

>Which Qt do you have?  If it's 3.3.8, do you have the package that has
>the patch that fixes the Qt bug that causes programs such as
>mythfilldatabase and mythbackend to segfault on exit?
>
>Mike

I checked synaptic and I seem to have various packages with "qt3" and
"3.3.8-b" in the name.  Does that mean I have the "wrong" one?  How do
I tell?

Another bigger issue since my upgrade is that Live TV no longer
appears as an option on the Mythtv main menu.  My upgrade shouldn't
have affected the myth tv version (I had installed myth previously
from source, and everything else seems to be fine, so I'm pretty sure
its running the thing I compiled about a year or so ago).  Trying to
fix the segfault first, since the logs are now a mess, but any
thoughts would be appreciated.
thanks,
Mary