[mythtv-users] MyBlaster learnig mode

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Feb 6 23:06:01 UTC 2009

On Friday 06 February 2009 15:10:35 Chuck Filson wrote:
> On Friday 06 February Brian Wood wrote:
> >I love my MyBlaster, no LIRC needed, and it can learn new codes if
> > necessary, though it already knows most of the common ones.
>
> 	I have seen references to this learning capability of the MyBlaster
> before, but I can not find any information about how it is accomplished.
>
> 	Is there a software package available for it, or does anyone have details
> of how it works ? The only software I have found is the MyBlaster 1.4.1a
> package which only includes the perl scripts for transmitting signals.
> Nothing related to learning.

I've never had to use learning mode, the codes are available for anything I
have encountered.

All I can find in a quick search is a reference to someone having beta code
for the learning mode.

William Munson, the author of the perl script, used to hang out on this list,
not sure if he is still here.

William made reference to the site of the "author of the learning mode
changes" here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/321138?do=post_view_threaded

Looks like Stealthboy.com (Michael Sherman) was the author, but I don't find
anything relevant on that site, except he does list Myth as an interest.

After all, the product has been discontinued, so I wouldn't be surprised if
the effort was abandoned.

--
beww
beww at beww.org