[mythtv-users] MyBlaster learnig mode

William william_munson at comcast.net
Sat Feb 7 12:48:52 UTC 2009

Brian Wood wrote:
> On Friday 06 February 2009 15:10:35 Chuck Filson wrote:
>
>> On Friday 06 February Brian Wood wrote:
>>
>>> I love my MyBlaster, no LIRC needed, and it can learn new codes if
>>> necessary, though it already knows most of the common ones.
>>>
>> 	I have seen references to this learning capability of the MyBlaster
>> before, but I can not find any information about how it is accomplished.
>>
>> 	Is there a software package available for it, or does anyone have details
>> of how it works ? The only software I have found is the MyBlaster 1.4.1a
>> package which only includes the perl scripts for transmitting signals.
>> Nothing related to learning.
>>

> I've never had to use learning mode, the codes are available for anything I
> have encountered.
>
> All I can find in a quick search is a reference to someone having beta code
> for the learning mode.
>
> William Munson, the author of the perl script, used to hang out on this list,
> not sure if he is still here.
>
> William made reference to the site of the "author of the learning mode
> changes" here:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/321138?do=post_view_threaded
>
> Looks like Stealthboy.com (Michael Sherman) was the author, but I don't find
> anything relevant on that site, except he does list Myth as an interest.
>
> After all, the product has been discontinued, so I wouldn't be surprised if
> the effort was abandoned.

I am still here, just dont post as often as I used to. MyBlaster 1.4.1
is the latest script and it does include the ability to learn new codes.
You should be able to pick this up at sourceforge.net. I have not
personally used the learning feature however others report it does work

I am not currently updating this script since the product line has been
discontinued however if someone else comes up with a good update I would
be happy to post it to sourceforge as well.

William