[mythtv-users] errors running mythfilldatabase uk

Stephen Kitchener stephen at g6dzj.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 8 15:24:16 UTC 2009

On Sunday 08 Feb 2009, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 08/02/2009, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> > Nick Morrott wrote:
> > > Please upgrade your version of XMLTV.
> > >
> > > After checking the RT listings source files, it appears the Radio
> > > Times have just started to add a terms of usage line to the top of
> > > each file, which will break older versions of the grabber which only
> > > expect "code|channel" lines to be present. Newer versions of the
> > > grabber ignore these and let grabbing continue.
> > >
> > > Nick
> >
> >  This may take some days to arrange. Do you have a work-around we can use
> > till we get organised? For example, can I pull channels.dat, edit off the
> > line, then run tv_grab_uk_rt with the edited file? How do I tell mfdb
> > that I've done this?
>
> For all:
>
> I added support to ignore such bad entries in the version of the
> grabber that was released as part of XMLTV 0.5.52 (released
> 2008-07-26). XMLTV 0.5.54 was released on 2009-01-14 and is the
> current stable release.
>
> One possible work around might be to edit the tv_grab_uk_rt script
> directly and set $rt_channels_uri to point to an edited local copy
> (e.g. /tmp/channels.dat) of the channels.dat file.
>
> If your distro is not providing an up-to-date version of XMLTV, you
> might want to give them a gentle prod :)
>
> Nick

Hi Nick, thanks for the information - appreciated.

If I make install the new xmltv will it place the required files in the same
place as the rpm version, I am running an old mythtv version 20 on fedora 7
by the way, do I need to make any backups of config filels ??, will it just
drop in ??

Thanks

--
Regards

Stephen Kitchener

Do not meddle with the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with
mustard