[mythtv-users] iPod theme for MythTV?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 17:39:29 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 10:50 AM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 2009, at 7:42 AM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 2:09 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Has anyone made a theme that make navigation in videos and music
>>> similar to the iPod interface?
>>>
>>> I'm not so much interested by the look but more by the way things are
>>> organised on an iPod which I think is fantastic.
>>>
>>> Like you would have for music a top menu with
>>> by Artist
>>> by Titles
>>> by Genre
>>> etc...
>>>
>>> Then it's just a matter of going up and down.
>>>
>>> Same with the videos...
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Jean-Yves
>>
>> I'll disagree with the iPod being a great interface, but to answer
>> your question... It's not really possible with how the current plugins
>> work, they're just not dynamic in this manner. Though with the new
>> MythUI I would imagine just such an interface should be possible.
>
> Interested to hear what interface you prefer. I might take a crack at a
> theme once the UI is a bit more settled.

I just think the advantage of a large screen and more buttons would
allow for a little more creativity in managing music playback.

I don't know what new interface features the new UI allows for so I
don't know if I can give any useful ideas, but there are a lot of
music playing software out there to take ideas from.

--
Steve
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User:Steveadeff