[mythtv-users] Speed up things...

Joacim J jocke4news at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 20:21:45 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have been running MythTV for a couple years now (as "production" system).
It's a separate backend and 3+ frontends. There is things where I would like
better performance

1. When scrolling in videos (from a viewer perspective). I have about 230
videos in one directory and using gallery mode. When scrolling it gets
hanging for a while and not that smooth. Not a big problem for me but my son
gets angry when he keeps pressing the damn button and nothing happens and
then it jumps way down. I have disabled the metadata loading. What else can
I do?

2. When editing the vieo list the scolling in videos goes very fast but when
editing a single video anf scoll for a cover picture.....it's soo slow.
Having about 290 pictures in that directory

--
Regards
Joacim