[mythtv-users] Request for Jarod Wilson

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 9 00:08:26 UTC 2009

Jarod

I was going to ask this via E-Mail but suspect the list may want some input.

I notice you are the packager/maintainer for mythtv on RPMFUSION,
firstly can I say thanks for the work you've done thus far.

One of the things that UK users would desire is the ability to record
and playback ITV-HD without problems, however as you can see here...

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5388

there are problems with ITV-HD due to both their channel ident and the
transmission standard, however both items seem to have been addressed
in the above ticket.

I'm a little confused though whether all the diffs are required and
whether they only apply to trunk or also .21 fixes (I'm currently
running v17 of the RPMFUSION .21fixes build) it's also a little
unclear whether FFMPEG changes have to be implemented now or not.  I
realise some of this should be dealt with upstream but wonder if
perhaps you could fit it in to you schedule and have a look with a
view to implementing it in RPMFUSION v18?

Thanks in advance and if you need any testing done let me know.

Regards