[mythtv-users] Front End Stop / Start Playing 1-2 SecondCycles-Two do it...

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 20:23:37 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> Nick
> Can you describe how "performance issues" exhibit themselves for you please?  Stop/start play?  other?
> I'll check out "fast forward"  :)

well actually i really mean "skip" not "fast forward", a good hint is
that the ads in NZ seem to generally be 4 minutes. Therefore set down
arrow to 3 min 55 forward (to allow reaction time when the ads come
on) and bob's your uncle.

performance issues while commflag runs  - generally stuttering, could
manifest itself as stopping and starting.

Solution may be to run mythcommflag with nice and ionice (nice if its
a cpu issue, ionice if its a disk io issue). I haven't looked into
that.