[mythtv-users] Commercial PVR offerings - is MythTv still competitive ?

George Mogielnicki george at begos.ca
Mon Feb 9 21:48:35 UTC 2009

I did not start my first Mythtv to save money, even when PVR's were 300 or
400. Home build was always a little bit more expensive, but the fun,
flexiblity and independence was (and still is) great, plus the sense of
accomplishment as not everyone was up to the task. My concerns are not
about saving few bucks.

But 300% makes me pause. And it works out of the box (still there are some
issues), is small, quiet, expandable storage, changes channels of
course :-)

George

> MythTV was never a "value" investment for me.  It has always been a
flexibility component.  One that I can migrate from SD to HD with only
the
> addition of a $70 card.  One that I can increase from one tuner to four
tuners without changing anything at the interface level or losing any
existing data.