[mythtv-users] Lots of confusion as to which card(s) to buy for vdpau

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Tue Feb 10 02:56:01 UTC 2009

I'm considering getting an Asus P5N7A-VM motherboard which has a GeForce
9300 onboard.  I see one report at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Vdpau
which says that One Field 1x HW playback works.  Has anyone tested this
with better de-interlacers?  Or can anyone estimate where this would lie
in Jean-Yves' family of cards?  I'm thinking it might handle VC-1 too.

Any other feedback about this motherboard would be appreciated, as I
don't know much about selecting motherboards.  My local retailers don't
list many options, but I thought it might be most cost efficient to get
one with onboard video.  I have a regular size case, so don't need mATX.
If there are good options with better onboard video, I'd be happy to
hear about it.

Thanks,

Dan