[mythtv-users] pause screen

Adam Stylinski kungfujesus06 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 20:18:57 UTC 2009

Brent Norris wrote:
> Tim Shannon wrote:
>> I've never heard of one, but damn if that isn't a cool feature for a
>> plugin or future release.  I can just picture a configurable
>> translucent overlay that pops up when you hit pause.
>>
>> It could show info like how much disk space is left, how much space
>> this recording takes up, or contextual information like information
>> on the show your watching.
>>
>> Very cool idea.
>
> +1  That would be awesome.  I would put $10 to that bounty.
>
> Brent
Helpful things like the date would be nice, too.  Although it shows up
when attempting to change the channel, it will not show up for non-live
recordings and thus presents an issue for those of us who do not wear a
watch.  I can't be the only one who looks on the OSD for the time, I've
seen people do it with commercial receivers.

I know with my Pioneer BDP it shows stuff like bandwidth utilization for
the video and audio streams if I press a show info button.  Nonetheless,
it ought to be configurable the user's likings to detail.