[mythtv-users] pause screen

Adam Stylinski kungfujesus06 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 20:26:25 UTC 2009

Brent Norris wrote:
> Tim Shannon wrote:
>> I've never heard of one, but damn if that isn't a cool feature for a
>> plugin or future release.  I can just picture a configurable
>> translucent overlay that pops up when you hit pause.
>>
>> It could show info like how much disk space is left, how much space
>> this recording takes up, or contextual information like information
>> on the show your watching.
>>
>> Very cool idea.
>
> +1  That would be awesome.  I would put $10 to that bounty.
>
> Brent
Also I'd like to emphasis my second to the idea of showing information
about the programming.  Although you can dig for it in mythtv's
scheduling interface, it would be neat if the summary/actor info was
somewhere on the OSD, or again, configurable as such.  May as well
utilize what schedules direct carries, right?  I just learned for the
first time the fine grained detail stored in the mythdb when I was
playing around with the different searching options for programming, I
found tons of information from ratings for movies (given in 4 star
scale), type of programming (Movie, Series, Sports) to sub-categories
like Drama, Action, Sitcom, to lead roles, to plot summaries, to first
air dates.  This information indexing is sooooo useful, not only for
finding content you didn't know was on TV, but also for learning what's
on TV when you're watching something else.  Myth indexes so much more
than most satellite or cable receivers, it's ridiculous (and
wonderful).  Please, Schedules Direct maintainers, continue to index
this valuable information.