[mythtv-users] pause screen

Adam Stylinski kungfujesus06 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 20:34:00 UTC 2009

Jay Summet wrote:
> Brent Norris wrote:
>
>> Tim Shannon wrote:
>>
>>> I've never heard of one, but damn if that isn't a cool feature for a
>>> plugin or future release.  I can just picture a configurable
>>> translucent overlay that pops up when you hit pause.
>>>
>>> It could show info like how much disk space is left, how much space
>>> this recording takes up, or contextual information like information on
>>> the show your watching.
>>>
>>> Very cool idea.
>>>
>> +1  That would be awesome.  I would put $10 to that bounty.
>>

> I agree that a more informative pause screen would be cool. However, it
> should be customizable to some extent, either via a setting or the
> "Menu" key. Many times I pause the TV trying to read fine print, or see
> a background detail more clearly, in which case I'd love the option to
> completely remove all on screen displays from the video display.
>
> Jay

Agreed, maybe it should instead be called by something like an "info"
button or something that can be set by the mythcontrols plugin.  I would
definitely find this to be useful.  It could use the same method that I
believe mythnotify uses to inform the user that a recording is about to
start while they're watching livetv.