[mythtv-users] Playback with xine?

H Z hansz_2000 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 11 20:11:26 UTC 2009

Hi - I've been working on some issues with mythtv in Appletv since CBS must have recently upped their bitrate because the appletv I'm using can no longer play that station on playback in myth. Fooling around with it I've noticed that of all things Xine handles the files best, it still complains about dropped frames but the quality is certainly acceptable.

So my question is - other than mounting the partition from my myth backend and using the "watch movies" configured to use Xine - is there a way to get myth to use xine for show playback as an integrated solution?

Thanks
Hans