[mythtv-users] I killed XvMC with a little test. Help!
allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 04:45:00 UTC 2009
My aux FE was just fine when and ran envyng to updage the nvidia driver.
Now any recorded show that requires XvMC to play (HD shows) takes
mythfrontend to 100% and a black screen with mythfrontend locked up.
mythfrontend.log shows this as the last thing:
2009-02-11 20:20:22.115 TV: Changing from None to WatchingPreRecorded
2009-02-11 20:20:22.120 Failed to approve 'none' deinterlacer
2009-02-11 20:20:22.121 Couldn't load deinterlace filter
2009-02-11 20:20:22.121 Realtime priority would require SUID as root.
2009-02-11 20:20:22.143 XvMC: picture structure FRAME
If I change from CPU--, which uses XvMC to SLIM, the show will play but not
smoothly so it is unwatchable. Thus it isn't the recording. I have tried
several recordings. SD recordings play fine. You will notice from the log
that I turned deinterlacing to "none" to simplify the problem. It didn't
help. I tried putting in a new video card, a 5200 and updated the driver
again and it acts the same. I removed the driver and used the
nvidia-xconfig to install it and it acts the same. Nothing helps.
Nvidia 5200 AGP
branches/release-0-21-fixes version 19878
I don't know what happened. I was just trying to verify some things for the
wiki I am writing and now my system is broken.
I posted some of this within another thread but thought it better to start a
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users