[mythtv-users] pvr 150 and pchdtv 5500 wont play together

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Feb 12 05:11:14 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 11 February 2009 21:52:23 les wrote:
> have myth box with a 150 and 5500 cards..  if either one of the cards is
> plugged in everything works fine.
> if both plugged in only one card shows up in dmesg.  (pvr 150)
>
> 1. do i need to create /dev/video1 .  for the second card to be detected ?
> 2. is this just a matter of switching the cards in there slots ?
>
> have second myth box with pvr350 and hd5500 and it works great.. same
> myth ver. too.
> must be something with the pvr150..  same motherboard too.

Same setup of motherboard BIOS? Maybe not, you may have an interrupt
problem/contention. Check the settings.

I don't think you should have to manually create any devices for either card.
I never did for 4 capture cards.

I suppose it's possible you have a marginal power supply in the machine giving
you problems, with the load of both cards causing something to happen to make
one of them invisible. Is it always the same card that is seen in the log? If
it changes, I'd rule out one of the cards as the problem.

You seem to have enough gear for swapping to give you some definitive answers.

--
beww
beww at beww.org