[mythtv-users] mythWelcome and a very slow gui?

Jay Summet jay at summet.com
Thu Feb 12 16:39:27 UTC 2009

> Just to clarify a few things here. MythWelcome in the 0.21 release and
> 0.21-fixes was modified so it only processed events every 0.25 seconds
> IIRC. The reason for this was to make it consume less power because it
> didn't needlessly wake up the cpu as often. This does have an impact on
> the amount of power consumed but also has a small impact on performance
> but only when redrawing the qt popup menu everything else seemed fine to
> me, even the menu was perfectly usable just a little slow to redraw
> sometimes.  I've never seen it take 2-3 second to redraw though more
> like  0.25 seconds at the most for me.
>
> Paul H.

Interesting. On my box the pause between a button press and action on
the screen are MUCH longer than 0.25 of a second.

If you can give me an approximate location in the codebase I can modify
my copy to remove the 0.25 second wait and see if that fixes what I
perceive to be an overly slow UI or not.

Jay