[mythtv-users] Connecting to PVR-500 S-Video???

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Fri Feb 13 01:39:48 UTC 2009

Nick Rout wrote:

> cat /dev/video0 > myvhstape.mpg
> push play on VCR
> ctrl-c to finish.

For those of us that want to start the recording and forget about it,
that's not a good option.

What I do, is find out the length of the video (2 hours average), go
into Mythweb, channel 3, select to record it and then use the "End
Late:  XXX Minutes" option, so if it's currently on a 30 minute show, I
add "End Late: 90 Minutes" and I forget about it.  Once completed, I
modify the title, Description, etc in the database.

I've never tried to use the svideo in on my PVR-350, so I have no
suggestions on that.

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: